The other day, I was tagged by Fiona with the 5 Random Things About Me list. After rereading my list I realise it is weighted heavily toward the ‘weird injuries I’ve sustained’ subject which creates a more thematic sort of list rather than a purely random one. However, weird injuries or accidents are really the only interesting things about me – random or not – so they’re going to stay.
1. I fell out of a second story window when I was little and came away from it without a bump, bruise or scratch. Babies are bouncy, I guess. I am less bouncible and more bruisible these days.
2. I have been bitten by the following mammals: squirrel, rabbit, cat, seal, dog, pig, horse. The most damage, measured in blood spilled, was inflicted by the squirrel.
3. At age four I had to have stitches in my tongue following an ice skating accident. Keep your tongue in your mouth while skating and you’ll keep your tongue.
4. While visiting a Central American country, I wore a small scorpion on my back, inside my shirt, for the better part of a morning before I noticed it and it was removed without incident. After that, I was careful to check all my clothing before getting dressed.
5. These days I worry often about the state of the planet and my impact on it. Seeing newly designed disposable (plastic) consumer items advertised on TV is enough to simultaneously annoy me and throw me into a funk. And there is absolutely no reason for grocery stores to wrap bananas or coconuts in plastic packaging. phew! end of plastic rant.
note: the seal pictured above is not the culprit from item number 2. But it looks a bit like the culprit – big eyes, flippers, whiskers, cute… and this is a better photo than the one I have of the seal in question.
I know the whole idea is to tag 5 more people… but I’m just not very good at doing what I’m supposed to. Take this as an invitation to post your own list on your blog if you so wish. Why wait to be tagged?